19.12.10

Still alive. (Well, barely. 'Tis finals season.)

I'm still reeling from a 20-page paper and presentation I had to put together for my Istanbul Architecture class.
My topic was [please note: this is a direct quote, exactly what I had to work with, grammatical errors included]: "urban & functional development of Hippodrome Area & its environments."
To everyone who prayed me through the paper, thank you. I needed it. I didn't actually hit the 20 page mark, but after seeing that in Turkey, photos count towards your page limit (I didn't have any), I don't feel so bad. I think I covered everything I needed to.
And it's done. That's what I'm happiest about.
In fact, I'm so happy that my body rebelled and decided to get sick on Friday.

And I have more pictures! [Thank goodness for visiting family members who give you proper incentive to be a tourist.]
Except for the two painfully obvious exceptions, everything is from the Turkish & Islamic Arts Museum.



[Carpet detail]


[Lots of carpets. They have one of the world's largest collections.]



[Carpet detail]




[Selçuk tile detail]



[Detail of door from Grand Mosque of Cizre]



There are also a lot (well, that's putting it somewhat lightly) of illustrated Qu'rans. I'll put them up in their own post, probably tomorrow sometime.

m.

[Not. Counting. Days.
Not. Counting. Days.
Not. Counting. Days.]

No comments: