15.6.10

Merhaba, Türkçe.

There seem to be times when everything just...works out, and you know that whatever decision you've made is the right one.

It's been rather obvious for a while, but I'm pretty sure that Turkey is where I'm supposed to be next year. Ireland didn't work out, to say the least, so now I get to go to a city I'm far more excited to see and study architecture, the one thing I've ever really seriously wanted to do with my life. Really. I don't have a backup plan for architecture.
Okay, fine, if all of my buildings fall down, I'll just become an architecture historian. But is that really so different?
And now, there's another thing to add to the list. Selin lives about a block and a half from me, and she's from Istanbul. I met her today (she's really sweet), and I am now in the process of learning Turkish. It's a pretty language, and, I think, relatively easy. I can't say anything terribly useful at the moment, since I don't know any verbs, but that's on tomorrow's slate. For the most part, it uses the english alphabet (although they don't have q, w, or z), but there are five additional letters: ç, ö, ü, and two more (a g with a bar and an i without the dot) that MicrosoftWord is incapable of producing. Thank goodness my classes will be in english.
Iyi geceler, tatl1 rüyalar,
m.

No comments: